- Place your hair in the barrel
- Hold the left or right spin button for automatic swirling
- Take out your hair after the beep sound
How to curl away from your face
Away from the face means placing the hair in the chamber with U-barrel facing out and curl in a clockwise direction on the right side of your face and a counter-clockwise direction on the left side.
- Right side of head, left button on tool, and place hair on left side of chamber
- Left side of head, right button on tool, and place hair on right side of chamber
What Happens When You Curl Your Hair Toward Your Face
Generally speaking, most people curl their hair away from their face most of the time—and for good reason. It opens up your whole look and makes you look inviting and friendly. But curling toward your face has pluses too, which you can see here on Jessica Alba:
It makes your waves look shaggier and beachier, so they have a more boho-y feel. So if that's the vibe you're going for, now you know how to do it.